Monday 7 November 2011

I dream of Jason Alexander versus angry lesbiens

I seem to have one of those minds that stays active, regardless of whether or not I am awake. I run through plot lines and stories concepts as I drift off to sleep, and wake up, more often than not, with a collection of events and images from dream camp - a place we all go.

Last night's dream had a stellent cast of characters. Ashley Judd made an appearance, along with my cousin Julia and Jason Alexander (George Constanza from Seinfeld). There were others, but these factoed in as foreground elements, and a random selection that is by the way.

So I'm getting ready to go to a restaurant. I hear that Ashley and Jason will be there, so I want to look my best when meeting them. Problem is, I look like I'm 15 years old. I have my old spikey hair, and a grey sports jacket I remember having when I was even younger still. (thanks subconscious for remembering a fashion sense from the wrong era. Go figure!)

The restaurant is a mixture of "queue to order" and "help yourself buffet". Because people knew I wanted to meet with Ashley, we were first sat at a table separate. Problem was I was still a 15 year old. She listened to me as I mumbled through my teenage talk, obviously wanting to move away to sit with adults. She does so and sits on the long table with my cousin Julia who is the mid flow of conversation and everybody is totally engaged - which is spot on for Julia's personality.

So i'm now sitting opposite Jason Alexander who has already started his buffet meal. He whollyheartedly recommends the dish and I offer to get him a drink. Now that Ashley has gone, I notice I'm the regular 31 year old me again, able to engage in meaningful adult talk and partake in alcoholic beverages. I go to the buffer, and there is a dish there as Jason had described, but it comes with baked beans and peas. I didn't see that on his plate. I notice only Jason and myself were using the buffet. The line to order off the menu stretched long and was filled with boredom.

I returned to see Jason conversing with two women, both a lesbien couple with an adopted baby. Jason makes the faux-pas of saying "are you enjoying motherhood" to one, when the other chirps up, "What makes you think she's the mother, I could be the mother too you know!". This whole setup seems to have been written by Larry David as Jason Alexander tries to dig his way out of his wrong choice of words. "As if I'd know there was new etiquette! I'm not in the lesbien community!" he exclaimed. This comment digs him even deeper when the come back, "excuse me, but we're are not some community!" - Jason ends up facepalm and gulps his drink down.

So there you go. Not the kind of dream I ever imagined having. So random yet funny at the same time. I wonder why I dream in this way, and how it always plays better in the dream than when appears written. Trust me, it was so much more entertaining "being there".

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment