Thursday 3 November 2011

Insomnia Raincheck? What is that?

It's a curious title. It does have an explanation. back in Boston College (that's Boston, England - not to be confused with MS) I wrote a terrible, aweful, nasty, unfunny, crudely written sitcom called "Curing Insomnia." I decided to not write any more Curing Insomnia, and so put it on the back burner. (I realise now, I should have left the back burner burning. I'm sure one day I will put the sitcom pilot on here for all to read... and cry, and generally wish they had the half hour they would spend reading it back.

At the same time, I was not sleeping very much. I didn't have insomnia, but as it was a relatively new term, I believed I did. I was simply going through the late teenage phase of - I'm old enough to do whatever I want now. I don't have to go to sleep if I don't want to?

It didn't take long for me realise I could sleep, and very well thank you very much. I decided to put my insomnia on hold.

Two accounts of putting insomnia in some form up for a raincheck. When I decided I wanted to write my own magazine at 18, guess what name I went for? Yes, you guessed it, "Insomnia Raincheck." I had toyed with being even more surreal, playing with the dream like imagery of "Green Boats and Doorframes". Not a lot of people "got me" when I was a teen, so I thought 'Might as well live up to my reputation for being strange and unpredictable. That's what I always aimed to be. Different and somewhat unique.

So I had to find a name for the blog. StephenRadford was already taken. I don't like seeing my name on everything anyway. I reached back to the dungeons of my memory and there it was: Insomnia Raincheck - the title of the blog from which I will report all the happenings of my life.

Below, by the way is the new image for the website. Now that I have dispensed with the long scrolling news thing, I've opted for a simple, hover over the image and reveal the latest deliverables. Notice the new addition? Yes, the sister show to Podfling Radio has a logo, keeping it within the family in terms of design. Looking forward to its launch.


PODFLING RADIO NEWS: Unlike Podfling Radio, Over&Out will have a quiet launch, and thereafter, new podcasts will appear whenever they are made. There won't be a 6 episode limit this time. It's a case of (have a show, get it done and get it out.) - Podfling Radio will however continue, but not likely until the early months of 2012. The music season takes a lot of preparation and getting interviews hasn't been easy so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment